What is the Connect NC Bond?
- On March 15, 2016, North Carolinians will vote on a $2 billion bond package that will fund higher education as well as parks, National Guard facilities and water and sewer infrastructure throughout the state.
- If approved by NC voters, the North Carolina Community College System will receive $350 million for needed repairs and renovations. Guilford Tech would receive $9.5 million.
- $1.3 billion dollars will be invested across the state for higher education capital construction, repair, and renovation, with $204.5 million directly benefiting higher education in Guilford County.
- No new taxes or tax increases are necessary to finance the bond.
How will GTCC use the bond funds?
• With a focus on student success, the college would use these funds for Phase 1 of renovations to the Medlin Campus Center on the Jamestown Campus.
• Built in 1975, the 114,000 square-foot facility is more than 40 years old and in need of a variety of repairs and renovations.
• The bond funding would allow the college to provide enhancements to student services and academic support, and in turn, increase efficiency of operations.
• The renovations will result in better patron accessibility and improvement in the overall student experience and student success.
How you can spread the word about Connect NC
- Educate voters about the bond and its impact on your campus and your community.